The reason I created this collection is because it is time to make a statement. Which way do we like making statements? Yup style! We say something everyday by the way we dress, it's the way we want to be perceived. What better way to perceive ourselves but to tell people YOU CARE and that they need to PROTECT THE FUCKIN PLANET. Our planet is in a sate of emergency and It's time we do our jobs and pitch in.
- Change a Light Bulb Replacing your regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb will save 150 lbs. of carbon dioxide per year.
- Don"t Drive As Much Walk, bike or take transit bus more often. You'll save 1 lbs. of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive!
- Recycle By recycling just the paper/plastic products in your household you can save 2,400 lbs of carbon dioxide per year.
- Check your cars tires Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve your gas mileage by more than 3 percent! Which is a MaJoR PlUS within itself. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 lbs of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere.
- Adjust your household thermostat Adjusting your thermostat down just 2 degrees in winter and up 2 degrees in summer could save about 2,000 lbs of carbon dioxide per year!
- Tree Hugger
Planting a tree in your backyard if you have the space can help absorb 1 ton of carbon dioxide over that trees' lifetime.
- Turn off electronics Just by turning off your TV at night or your: DVD player, stereo, and computer, when you're not using them, will save thousands of lbs. of carbon dioxide per year.
- Use less hot water This one is especially hard for me because man do I love it when that hot water melts away my flesh, but I have been getting better at not making as hot or just simply taking shorter showers. It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by taking shorter and cooler showers and washing your clothes in cold instead of hot water.
- Avoid products with a lot of packaging You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you reduce your garbage by 10 percent.t Buy less water bottles, make your own cleaning supplies. There are a bunch of websites hat talk about the different ways you can personalize things around your house to use less packaging.
If we can get enough people to do these 10 simple tasks and vote towards renewable resources the chances of our children or future generations will be so much higher. No one should have to worry whether or not there will be a planet for their kids to thrive on.